We place particular emphasis on socialising, sharing, enjoyment and learning through play. In this context, we ensure that all children:
- are safe within an environment which promotes the welfare of children;
- are given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children;
- have the chance to join with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together
- are helped to take forward their learning and development in a stimulating environment, building on what they already know and can do; and
- have a key person who makes sure they make satisfying progress.
“The learning environment is highly stimulating and supports [children’s] independence. The garden in particular offers exciting opportunities to explore and interact with nature” (Ofsted Report, January 2015)
We have generous staff/child ratio of at least 1:4 for children under 3 and 1:8 for those 3 and above. This allows staff to provide a level of care which supports your child’s needs and for your child to have the appropriate amount of attention for their comfort and security.
In compliance with the Statutory Framework for the Foundation Stage, Pre-School collates information about your child and offers regular feedback opportunities for parents and carers. In addition, the setting is filled with the children’s artwork and projects. This offers parents and carers a chance to see some of the children’s work, and gives the children pride in their own environment.